Barcode: 0 89195 11013 8
Case pack: 48 Pieces per master carton
Box Size: 6.4" x 10.2" x 1.5"
- Special Bonus for First Production: Pre-painted propellant tank included (gold color)
- Fully detailed cockpit interior newly produced
- Delicate Gemini spacecraft w/display stand
- Intricate details molded on heat shield
- Includes preformed wire tether
- Realistic 1/72 scale spacewalker inlcuded
- Detailed cabin section w/attitude control thrusters
- Capsule hatches can be assembled open/closed
- Drogue chute cover can be assembled open/closed
- Details of drogue and pilot parachute mortar cartridges mimic the originals
Project Gemini encompassed two unmanned and ten manned spaceflights from 1964-66. The NASA program was designed to develop space travel techniques with a view to putting man on the Moon under the subsequent Apollo project. One of the highlights of Gemini IV was the first American spacewalk, which occurred on 3 June 1965. On that occasion Ed White performed the first ever extravehicular activity (EVA), his foray outside the spacecraft lasting 23 minutes. All ten Gemini missions blasted off aboard Titan II rocket systems from Cape Canaveral in Florida.
Dragon’s newest 1/72 scale spaceship model kit commemorates these groundbreaking Gemini spaceflights. The set includes a Gemini spacecraft as well as a spacewalking astronaut. The capsule could carry two astronauts, and indeed this kit boasts two crewmen that are extremely well sculpted in this scale. The pair of astronauts (one carrying out a spacewalk whilst tied to his preformed tether, and the other monitoring proceedings from inside the capsule) is made from DS to enable easy painting. Modelers have the option of displaying the exterior hatch open, which allows a good view of the interior of the cramped spacecraft, or closed. As a special bonus for first lot production, the pre-painted propellant tank is included. Such a legendary scene has been captured poignantly in this fine new model kit!