Barcode: 0 89195 84640 2
Case Pack: 48 Pieces per case
Box Size: 6.4" x 10.2" x 1.5"
- Newly designed TR-1A high-altitude tactical reconnaissance aircraft
- Standard "Super" pod rendered w/details
- Side-looking radar can be optionally assembled
- Slide-molded cockpit canopy
- Detailed antenna included
- Detailed panel lines in both surfaces of high-aspect-ratio wings
- Intricate air-conditioning cooling air outlets molded on fuselage
- Landing gear can be assembled either taxiing or flying positions
- Cockpit interior details including pilot's seat and instrucment
- Realistc rudders reproduced
Despite its advancing age, the U-2 "Dragon Lady" continues to fly
high-altitude all-weather reconnaissance missions for the US Air Force (USAF)
today. In fact, the Pentagon recently announced the aircraft will continue in
service until 2023 because it holds advantages over new technologies such as
the Global Hawk! Built by Lockheed, the U-2 is powered by a single engine, and
its high-aspect-ratio wings and light construction resemble those of a glider.
The TR-1A was the third production batch of the U-2R aircraft featuring side-looking
radar, new avionics and improved electronic countermeasures (ECM) equipment.
A total of 33 TR-1As were manufactured.
This specific TR-1A variant is the subject of Dragons' newest 1/144 scale plastic kit. Compared to the previously released U-2R, this newer model has received brand new wings, tail and horizontal stabilizers. The payload superpods beneath the wings are also new. The familiar slim fuselage and outspread wings are accurately reproduced, and panel lines are finely engraved. Slide molds are widely used. Modelers can elect to show the landing gear in either taxiing or flying position. With a wingspan of more than 210mm in this scale, this is a truly impressive model. This high-altitude reconnaissance aircraft is rarely seen, but modelers can now get their very own plastic TR-1A Dragon Lady!