Barcode: 0 89195 85552 7
Packaging: 24 pieces per master carton
Box Size: 7.5"x14.2"x2.4"
Category: WWII German rocket aircraft
1/48 He162D "Volksja"ger" WWII Jet Fighter
The rare subject of this kit is the He-162D, a variant that had forward-swept wings, and a butterfly tail configuration. The forward-swept wings are newly tooled, while other components are updated, many with photo-etched parts.
- Newly tooled wings swept forward at 25� like the real aircraft
- Fully detailed He162 engines
- Photo-etched parts for cowling cover hinges enable the cover to be movable
- Tail of He162D is authentically recreated
- Photo-etched parts
- Cartograf decals offer accurate markings
About this title:
Hitler’s Third Reich produced some truly innovative weapons. One requirement issued in 1944 was for a jet fighter that was simple and cheap, and would be known as the “Volksjaeger” (People’s Fighter). The resulting jet-powered He-162A Volksjaeger was capable of achieving 905km/h, but it only had an endurance of half an hour! The He-162, with the jet mounted in a unique position above the fuselage, began seeing combat in April 1945 in the last days of WWII in Europe.