Barcode: 0 89195 85546 6
Packaging: 12 pieces per master carton
Box Size: 10.6"x16.5"x3.1"
1/48 Heinkel He 162 Volksja"ger + Mistel bombing system
- new tooled connection mountings between the two fuselage
- photo-etched parts for cowling cover hinges - makes the cover moveable
- photo-etched parts for upgrading other details such as instrument panel
- two types of optional tails for He162
- fully detailed He162 engine
- transparent parts for canopy
- trolley is accurately replicated.
- new Cartograf decals
More about this title:
As WWII dragged on, Germany was constantly searching for new weapons to use in its desperate struggle for survival. One of these was the Mistel bomber project. It involved an unmanned bomber that was attached to a fighter plane (for example, a Bf 109, Fw 190 or Ju 88). This allowed the fighter pilot to guide his missile near to the target area before releasing it. This missile was little more than an airframe filled with high explosives. Around around 250 early versions were built and used with limited success. More advanced versions that used the Me262, Arado E.377A or He162 as the carrier aircraft never left the drawing board.