Barcode: 0 89195 87280 7
Packaging: 48 Pieces per carton
Box Size: 6.4"x10.2"x1.9"
- One-piece 3.7cm PaK with hollow muzzle made by slide mold
- Armored shield with bolt detail
- Highly detailed gun cradle
- Gun stays and hand wheels finely reproduced
- Road wheels injected as a unit – convenient to assemble and saves time
- DS tracks
- Photo-etched gun shield parts included as option
- Photo-etched parts to upgrade details
- Cartograf decals with various markings
About the Sonderkraftfahrzeug 251 (Sd.Kfz. 251)
The idea behind the Sonderkraftfahrzeug 251 (Sd.Kfz. 251) was to provide mobility to infantry squads as part of combined arms operations with Germany’s mighty panzers. The well-sloped armored hull of the Sd.Kfz. 251 went some way to providing protection against small-arms fire, though the open-topped troop compartment meant occupants were still vulnerable to artillery and shell bursts. There were many versions of the Sd.Kfz. 251 produced for specialized purposes, one of which included the Sd.Kfz. 251/10. This specific variant mounted a 3.7cm PaK 36 antitank cannon. Such vehicles were issued to platoon commanders and provided a limited antitank capability.
Dragon has released an excellent 1/72 scale Sd.Kfz. 251/10. The vehicle is based on an Ausf. D hull, which was the final production version featuring a simplified structural shape. This particular model builds on the successful and high-quality series of 251 halftracks already released by Dragon. Detail on this kit is astonishing, with all elements carefully reproduced. This is especially important in this vehicle with the open interior of the troop compartment. The 3.7cm PaK 36 is also supplied in full detail. For extra support and firepower, this halftrack from Dragon is the weapon of choice!