Barcode: 0 89195 87308 88
Packaging: 48 pieces per master carton
Box Size: 6.4"x10.2"x1.9"
1/72 Sd.Kfz.251/2 Ausf.C w/ GrW34 medium Mortar Carrier
The Sd.Kfz. 251 was produced in a number of hull types as production had to be simplified as the war wore on. German half-tracks were used in a number of roles including that of mortar carrier. This version, known as the Sd.Kfz. 251/2, provided a mobile platform for the 8cm GrW34 medium mortar.
Currently this is the only kit of the mortar carrier on the market available in 1/72 scale. Much effort has been invested in the kit with completely new tooling to represent a wonderfully replicated true to scale riveted hull! On the original vehicle the 8cm Grenatwerfer 34 mortar could be dismounted and fired from a baseplate, or fired while mounted inside the vehicle."
- completely new tooling of riveted body and armor plates for Ausf.C NEW TOOLING
- newly tooled 8cm Grenatwerfer 34 mortar NEW TOOLING
- new mount for installing the mortar in the vehicle NEW
- photo-etched parts for upgrading details
- Detailed tracks manufactured in DS (Dragon Styrene)
- all wheels possess crisp detail
- road wheels injected as a unit
- convenient to assemble and saves time
- Cartogarf decal offers accurate markings
The kit’s mortar carrier is manufactured with Dragon Model standards – it has been broken down into four separate parts to maximize detail, and of course it can also be modeled dismounted with its accompanying crew figures! Parts are abundant, including extra accessories like ammo boxes and an extremely useful photo-etched fret. This vehicle has been long awaited by modelers and at last it is here.